In this guide, you will find instructions on how to charge the Mazda air conditioner system with refrigerant. If your Mazda is blowing hot air, it
How To Recharge Mazda Air Conditioner A/C
In this guide, you will find instructions on how to charge the Mazda air conditioner system with refrigerant. If your Mazda is blowing hot air, it may be due to a small leak in the A/C system.
This procedure can restore your A/C operation if a small refrigerant leak is present. If a large A/C leak is present, the system must be repaired by a certified mechanic.
What you will need
Here is what you will need to charge the A/C system on your Mazda.
- Air Conditioner Recharge Kit - Recommended refrigerant type can be found on a sticker under the hood or owner's manual.
- Safety Glasses
- Park your Mazda in a safe area. Engage the parking brakes and ensure the vehicle is in Park.
- Pull the hood release under the dashboard on the driver's side. Prop open the hood.
- Locate the low-pressure port. This is where you add A/C refrigerant on a Mazda 5. There is a low-pressure port and high-pressure port. The connectors that come with the AC recharge kits will only fit on the low-pressure port.
- Remove the cap and connect your A/C hose to the charging port.
- Turn on the engine and allow it to idle. The transmission should be in Park.
- Turn on the A/C and set the blower fan to max.
- Start adding refrigerant to your Mazda air conditioner system with the engine running at idle.
- Press the trigger on the A/C recharge kit to charge your Mazda A/C. The engine should be running when you charge your Mazda A/C. Follow the instructions as directed on your A/C recharge kit.
Be careful not to overcharge the A/C system. Overcharging a Mazda air conditioner with freon can cause damage to the A/C system. It will not make the A/C colder.
Published on: Monday, September 25, 2017.