In this guide, you will learn how to use a Foxwell scanner to register a BMW battery.
Foxwell NT510 for BMW is more than a scan tool. It allows one to diagnose all systems including engine, transmission, airbag, ABS, climate control, traction control reset service reminders and program a new battery.
These instructions apply to less expensive AutoPhix for BMW scanner as well which uses very similar software to Foxwell.
- Plug your BMW scan tool into the OBD2 port under the dashboard. In this case, we are using Foxwell for BMW, but you can use some other scan tools for BMW.
- Turn the ignition on but do not start the engine.
- Select BMW. Scan for VIN. It will automatically look up the VIN number. Once VIN is found press OK.
- Scroll down to the Body menu 4.
- Scroll down to Power Supply (Battery) and press Enter.
- Select option 2 for Battery registration.
- In the next screen, you can perform the following.
Note that as of December 2018 Foxwell NT510 is able to register a new BMW battery. It is not able to code a battery that has different specs or is a different type. It is possible that future updates to Foxwell NT510 will allow battery coding as well.
- Some users are experiencing difficulty coding a new battery with Foxwell NT510.
- Update your Foxwell scanner online to the latest software version.
- Do not unplug the scanner during the battery registration process
- Do not turn off the ignition during the battery programming.