In this guide, you will find instructions on how to remove the door panel on a Nissan vehicle.
To take off the Nissan door panel, you will need a few basic tools. This procedure takes about 15 minutes.
- Park your Nissan on level ground and set the parking brakes.
- Pull the hood release under the dashboard and open the hood.
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal from the battery. The negative terminal has a black cable. Next to the battery post, you will notice a (-) symbol or the word NEG.
- Open the door where you want to remove the panel. Behind the door handle, you will have a screw that needs to be removed. This screw is typically covered by a plastic cover.
- Remove the window switch. Below you will find a screw that you will need to remove.
- Unplug the wire harnesses from the window switch.
- Remove two screws below the window switch.
- Pry out the door light at the bottom of the door panel. Use a dashboard trim removal kit to pop out the door panel. Be careful if using a flat head screwdriver as that can scratch the door panel.
- Once the door panel pops up all around the perimeter, you can remove it by lifting it up slightly.
- Disconnect the wires and door cable from the back of the door panel.
- Install the door panel in reverse order. Don't forget to connect the wires and door release cable on the back of the door panel.
- Reconnect the negative battery terminal.
The pictures in this guide are from a 2017 Nissan Quest, but these instructions should help you change the door panel on Nissan Altima, Qashqai, Versa, Titan, Micra, Rogue, Navara, Sentra, Almera, Xterra, Patrol, Murano, Pathfinder, and other models.
The main difference will be the location of the bolts for the door panel.