How to replace battery on TOYOTA Key Fob Remote
Updated Monday Dec 12, 2016
Learn how to replace Toyota Key Fob Remote Battery. Scroll down the page until you find the Toyota remote that matches the one your have. You will find step-by-step instructions on how to change battery, in any Toyota remote. As new Toyota keyless remotes become available we will add them to this article.
Applicable Toyota Models
Camry, Corolla, Starlet, Yaris, Prius, Matrix, Corona, Caldina, Avensis, Avalon, Crown, Celica, MR2, Yaris Ractis, Verso, Previa, Sienna, RAV4, 4Runner, FJ Cruiser, Land Cruiser, Sequoia, Highlander, Venza, Hilux, Tacoma, Tundra,
Toyota Key Fob Remote Battery Change - 1
- Locate the slot on the side of the keyfob. Insert a flat screwdriver and twist it to separate the key housing.
- Remove the housing from inside the key shell. You will see the battery housing that you need to open up.
- Use a screwdriver to pop out the back cover. You will need to push inside all the 5 tabs. They just need to be pushed in slightly to allow the black plastic to release.
- Remove the back cover. Slide out the old battery. Install new CR2025 3 volt lithium battery.
- Install the battery shell in reverse order. If the buttons of this remote are worn out you can replace the buttons while you are at it or even the whole case. A new shell for this remote can be purchased on Amazon, click here to see new shells for this Toyota remote.
Add new comment