BMW flex discs may fail on high mileage vehicles which result in loss of power (propulsion) and loud noise from the rear drivetrain.
In this guide, you will find instructions on how to replace BMW steering wheel buttons.
- Open the trunk and locate the battery under the floor carpet. Remove the carpet and once you find the battery, disconnect the negative (-) battery post.
- Remove the airbag. If you need help, follow our guide on how to remove the BMW airbag.
- Remove the metal frame that holds BMW steering wheel buttons. Use a Torx 25 bit to remove the four bolts.
- Remove the steering wheel buttons. Thre are three screws that need to be removed from each steering wheel button set.
- Use a hot air gun to heat up the steering wheel buttons. Only heat the buttons slightly. Do not allow the buttons to melt and start deforming on their own. Once the button is somewhat warm press it at the center to shrink the button slightly. The button only needs to be made slightly smaller at the pivot point. The change should be barely noticeable to your naked eye.
- Reinstall BMW steering wheel button