In this guide, you will find step-by-step instructions on how to change the combination switch on a Hyundai vehicle. The combination switch is mounted on the steering column behind the steering wheel and has the stalk for the turn signal and wipers.
The video clips and pictures are from a 2016 Hyundai Elantra but these instructions should help owners of other Hyundai cars including Hyundai Sonata, Santa Fe, Tucson, Accent, Kona, Veloster, and other models.
- Low Beam Not Working
- Turn Signal Not Working
- Turn Signal Doesn't Cancel
- High Beam Switch Not Working
- Windshield Wiper Does Not Work
What you will need
- Hyundai Combination Switch
- Torque Wrench
- 21mm socket
- 10mm wrench
- Locate the battery in the engine bay and disconnect the negative cable. To remove the cable from the battery post you will need to loosen the 10 mm bolt. Wait at least 10 minutes before you start work on the airbag system.
Remove the airbag by using a screwdriver to press on the three locking pins that holds the airbag in place. Watch this video clip for more help.
Next, you will need to remove the 21 mm nut that holds the steering wheel in place. It is easier to remove this nut using a breaker bar.
Once you remove the steering wheel you will be able to access the clock spring. Before you can remove the clock spring you will need to remove the plastic trim which is held in place with three screws.
Remove two Phillips screws that hold the headlight switch in place. Unplug the electrical connector from the headlight switch assembly. Now you are able to remove the switch.
Install the new combination switch in reverse order. Reinstall the clock spring, and steering wheel as well in reverse order. Torque the steering wheel bolt to 50 Nm.
Frequently Asked Questions
Hyundai Elantra Headlight Switch Replacement Cost can vary greatly depending on model year and your location. In average expect to pay between $400 -$1200. Replacing Hyundai Elantra Headlight / Turn Signal Switch yourself will cost you less than $200 in parts if purchased online. You will need the right tools and about two hours to change the headlight / turn signal/ wiper switch.
- 2011-2013 HYUNDAI SONATA
- 2011-2015 HYUNDAI ELANTRA
- 2012-2015 HYUNDAI VELOSTER
- 2014 KIA FORTE
- 2012-2014 KIA RIO
- 2011-2015 KIA SORENTO
934103S100 629-60976B 93410 3S100: WIPER AND TURN SIGNAL COLUMN SWITCHES 14 Hyundia Elantra 934101U110, 934101U111: 11 12 13 Elantra Column Switch Sdn Turn Signal W/Fog Lamps W/Automatic Headlamps
- Hyundai Multifunction Switch Voltage / Current Specifications
- Hyundai Elantra Headlight Switch Repair Procedures (Shop Manual)