A faulty connection or corroded ground typically causes Volvo electrical problems.
How to Replace Door Window Switch on a Volvo
If your Volvo driver's window is not working, the problem could be a defective window switch.
In this guide, you will find step-by-step instructions on how to replace the door window switch on Volvo vehicles. Replacing the window switch on most Volvo cars and SUVs is a very simple procedure and typically doesn't require removing the door panel.
- Volvo window buttons no longer work.
- Door window switch buttons are dirty.
- You can roll the Volvo window up but not down.
- You can roll the Volvo window down but not up.
Keep in mind that the window may not work due to a broken window regulator or motor.
- Use an interior trim tool and insert it on the side of the window switch. You can also use a flathead screwdriver but be cautious not to damage the door panel.
- With the trim tool on the side of the switch, pull up on the window switch.
- Disconnect the wire harness from your Volvo window switch.Press the small tab on the connector, then pull it from the window switch.
- Install the new Volvo window switch. First, connect the electrical connector until you hear it "click," which means the connector has locked in the switch. Next, press the new Volvo window switch down firmly until it is flush with the door panel.
These instructions should help you replace window switches on Volvo vehicles such as XC70, V70, S60, S40, V40, V50, XC60, XC90, S60, S70, S80, C30, 240.
In most of these models, you don't need to remove the door panel.
Published on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020.