In this guide, you will find help on where to find the Lexus OBDII port.
How to Replace Lexus Car battery
In this guide, you will find step-by-step instructions on how to replace a Lexus car battery.
What you will need
- Lexus Car Battery
- 10mm Open End Wrench
- Battery Terminal Brush
- Battery Protector
- Electrical Tape
- Safety Glasses
- Pull the hood release under the hood.
- Slide your hand under the hood and depress the safety lever under the hood to open the hood.
- 1991-Lexus-LS400 opening hood
- 2016-Lexus-GX-460 opening hood
- 2007-Lexus-IS-250 opening hood
- Gently remove the battery terminal covers (Be careful to avoid bridging the battery with tools)
- Removing battery covers on 2004-Lexus-ES-330
- Removing battery covers on 2010-Lexus-ES-350
- Use the 10 mm open-end wrench to loosen (not remove) the nut on the negative battery terminal. The negative terminal is designated with a negative sign “-”.
- Lexus ES350 2010 battery negative terminal
- Disconnect the negative terminal from the battery post.
- Remove the positive (red cable) from the battery positive (+) post. Isolate both ends of the connectors to avoid shorts.
- 2010-Lexus-ES-350 battery positive terminal
- Use a 10 mm wrench to remove the bracket on top of the battery.
- Remove the old battery.
- Clean the battery bay, and the connectors to remove the corrosion which builds up over time.
- Fit in your new battery carefully on the battery tray.
- Reinstall the bracket. Do not over-tighten the bracket or you risk cracking the battery case.
- Use a wire brush to clean the battery terminals.
- Connect the positive terminal first and make sure it is tight and secure.
- Connect the negative terminal last.
- Reinstall the battery terminal covers.
- Dispose of your old battery properly. If you were charged a core fee when the new battery was purchased, return it to the store to receive a core refund.
- Press unlock on your keyfob. Enter the vehicle and start the engine. If your car has a keyless start, start the engine by pressing the Start/Stop button.
- Synchronize windows and set radio stations.
Changing the car battery on a Lexus is an easy job that you can perform at home. Do not short the battery terminals or you risk causing electrical problems or blowing a fuse which will prevent you from starting your Lexus.
We do not recommend using a backup battery to keep the vehicle powered on when changing the battery.