In this guide, you will find step-by-step instructions on how to read Lexus check engine light codes, also known as Diagnostic Trouble Codes.
How to Replace Lexus Engine Air Filter
In this guide, you will find instructions on how to replace the engine air filter on a Lexus vehicle.
What You Need
- Park your Lexus on level ground, turn off the engine and set the parking brakes. Place shifter in Park.
- Pull the hood release under the dashboard until you hear the hood pop open.
- Slide your hand under the hood and release the hood latch.
- Locate the engine air filter housing.
- Press all the clips to release the air filter housing.
- Remove the old air filter and clean debris inside the filter housing.
- Install the new air filter in the housing making sure it sits properly.
- Close the housing and reconnect the clips. If you can't close the air filter housing, the air filter may not be seated properly or is the incorrect size.
Replacing the engine air filter on a Lexus is very easy and takes about 15 to 20 minutes.
By YOUCANIC Automotive Experts