In this guide, you will find step-by-step instructions on how to replace the rear tail light assembly on Mazda 5, model years 2010 through 2018.
What you will need
- Mazda5 Tail Light Assembly
- + Screwdriver
- Park your Mazda5 in a safe area. Set the parking brakes and move the shifter to Park.
- Keep the car unlocked. Press the button below the rear Mazda logo and open the liftgate.
- Remove the two Philips screws next to the tail light assembly. Two screws on the side of the tail light hold the tail light assembly in place.
- Pull the tail light back to remove it from the vehicle.
- Unplug the electrical connector from the tail light.
- Install the new tail light in reverse order.
The procedure to change the tail light is very simple and requires a few very basic tools. Instruction on replacing the tail light on Mazda 5 is the same for both driver (left) and passenger (right) side.