In this guide, you will find instructions on how to read and clear BMW ABS fault codes which trigger the DSC / ABS / Brake warning lights.
What you will need
A diagnostic scanner that is capable of reading BMW codes from the ABS module is required. A basic OBD-II scanner that is not designed for BMW will not show any fault codes even if the ABS light is on.
- Locate the OBD-II port under the dashboard. Driver side.
- Plug your BMW scanner.
- Turn on the ignition but do not start the engine.
- Allow the scanner to turn on.
- Select Scan. Go to Read Codes menu and write down the codes. Fix the problem described by these fault codes.
- Go back and select Clear Codes menu and select Yes.
ABS and DSC warning lights may come back on if the problem has not been fixed.