BMW Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) can be found printed in several locations on the vehicle.
How to Reset BMW ABS DSC Codes
In this guide, you will find instructions on how to read and clear BMW ABS fault codes that trigger the DSC / ABS / Brake warning lights.
What you will need
A diagnostic scanner that is capable of reading BMW codes from the ABS module is required. A basic OBD-II scanner that is not designed for BMW will not show any fault codes even if the ABS light is on.
- Locate the OBD-II port under the dashboard. Driver side.
- Plug your BMW scanner.
- Turn on the ignition but do not start the engine.
- Allow the scanner to turn on.
- Select Scan. Go to Read Codes menu and write down the codes. Fix the problem described by these fault codes.
- Go back and select the Clear Codes menu and select Yes.
ABS and DSC warning lights may come back on if the problem has not been fixed.
Published on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020.