How to reset BMW oil service light
In this guide, you will find instructions on how to reset BMW oil service reminder.
- Insert key in the ignition. Press start without pressing the brake pedal. Do not start the engine.
- Wait 5 seconds for any messages to clear.
- Press and hold the ODO Reset button. After 5 seconds you will see the oil or brake symbol on the center of the dashboard.
- RESET or use the stalk on the left of the steering column (CHECK / BC) buttons to scroll to throw the service items. Stop once you see the oil symbol.
- Once the oil symbol displays on the dashboard, press and hold the ODO reset button for another 5 seconds.
- A message on the dashboard will say RESET?
- Release then press and hold the ODO RESET button again.
NOTE: Oil symbol and Service Vehicle symbol will change from RED to Orage once the reset is completed successfully.
Reset BMW Oil Light using a Scanner
An alternative method to reset BMW oil light is to use a BMW Specific OBD2 that is capable of performing CBS Reset. Read this article to learn how to perform BMW CBS Service Reset.
This is an example of how to reset BMW oil light using Foxwell Diagnostic Scanner .