In this guide, you will learn how to reset the spark plug reminder on BMW vehicles.
Resetting BMW spark plug interval is very easy and can be performed using buttons on the instrument cluster. BMW spark plug service interval can range from 35,000 to 100,000 miles.
- Insert the key into the ignition and turn key to Position II to power up the car. Do not start the engine. If you have push START, press and hold the START button without pressing the brake pedal. If that doesn't work, press the START button twice and that will turn on your ignition but not start the engine.
- On the left side of the steering wheel, you will notice a BC or Check switch. Press it until you see the date or clock displayed on the instrument cluster.
- Next, press and hold the ODO RESET button on the dashboard for at least 5 seconds.
- The orange triangle will show first, but as you continue to hold the ODO reset down, service symbols will display on the center of the dashboard.
- To scroll to the service you need to reset press the ODO RESET button a few times. You can also use the CHECK or UP/DOWN toggle next to the BC button on the steering wheel stalk.
- When the spark plug symbol shows up on the cluster, press and hold the ODO RESET for 5 seconds. Under the symbol, you should see the words RESET?
- Release and press the ODO RESET button again and hold it until RESET? changes to RESET or OK
- Once you successfully reset your BMW service interval reminder, the interval will show below the spark plug symbol.
Reset BMW Spark Plug Service Reminder Reset
Resetting BMW Service Light with Foxwell for BMW.
An alternative method to reset BMW spark plug service reminder is to use a BMW specific OBD2 scanner that allows the user to perform Conditional Based Service (CBS) reset.
A good BMW scanner will be able to reset BMW service light on all BMWs including 1-series, 3-series, 5-series, 6-series, 7 series, X1, X3, X5, Z3, Z4 etc.