Serpentine Drive Alternator Belt Replacement Hyundai Elantra 2011-16
Learn how to change the serpentine belt on Hyundai Elantra model years 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016. This applies to Hyundai Elantra equipped with the four-cylinder engine. The serpentine belt is also called the drive belt, poly v-ribbed belt or accessory belt. In this Hyundai Elantra, the serpentine belt drives the alternator, A/C compressor, and water pump. We will need to loosen up the alternator bolts to remove and replace the serpentine belt.
- Serpentine Belt / Accessory Belt
The original Hyundai belt has part number 25212-2E820, we found it online here. The best serpentine belt alternative for Hyundai Elantra is the Gates K060505 Multi V-Groove Belt. The Gates belt is cheaper and has excellent reviews online.
- Mechanic Tool Set
All that you will need to remove and replace the serpentine belt on an Elantra is a 12 mm and 14 sockets.
Serpentine Belt Removal / Installation Hyundai Elantra 2011-16
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
- Loosen the two alternator bolts. There is a 12 mm and 14 mm bolt that needs to be loosened. You don't need to remove these bolts.
- Once the bolts are loosened the alternator can be pushed downwards which will loosen the serpentine belt.
- Remove the serpentine/drive belt from the pulleys.
- Install the serpentine belt in reverse order. Make sure that the belt is routed properly and that the belt is sitting correctly in all the pulleys.