In this guide, you will learn about common problems that can get your Honda hood stuck.
When shipping a Honda radio or stereo, it is recommended to place it in shipping mode to avoid internal damage, which can happen from the impact which is common during transportation.
How to place Honda radio on ship mode
- Remove all the CDs from the radio.
- Turn off the ignition.
- Press and hold the UP and DISC buttons. On models without navigation, press buttons 1 and 4 at the same time.
- While you keep the UP and DISC pressed, turn-key one click (Accessory On | Position I).
- The CD light should flash, and the display should show SHIP.
- Turn off the ignition and disconnect the radio.
How do you get Honda radio out of the "SHIP" mode?
To get a Honda radio out of "Shiping mode," first connect it to a car and turn it on. Next, disconnect the negative battery terminal, wait at least 2 minutes then reconnect the battery again.