How to start Chevy with dead key fob battery
Updated Tuesday Apr 10, 2018
If the battery in your Chevy key fob is dead you will not be able to start the engine or unlock the car. On the DIC you may get a warning message stating NO REMOTE DETECTED or NO REMOTE KEY WAS DETECTED. Use this method to manually start your Chevy if the remote batteries are dead.
- Remove key from the key fob.
- Insert the key in the driver's door handle to remove the cap.
- Pry out the cover to expose the keyhole.
- Open the driver's door.
- Locate the transmitter pocket which in most cases is on the center console or the glove box.
- Insert your key in the transmitter pocket.
On the Chevrolet Volt you need to open the storage compartment on the center console. Removing the rubber mat will expose the hole where you can insert the metal key.
- Press START/STOP button to start your Chevrolet.
Posted by Visitor on Apr 11, 2018 @ 09:39 am