- Move the wiper arm up.
- Turn the wiper arm to expose the locking tab at the bottom.
- Slide down the wiper and remove it from the arm.
- Install the new wiper arm in reverse order.
- Don't allow the wiper arm to fall on the windshield.
- Make sure the wiper is secured and locked on the wiper arm or it could possibly come off during operation.
- Don't install wipers that larger than what's recommended by the manufacturer.
- Keep in mind that on certain models, the wiper arm cannot be moved up if the hood is open.
- If you can't move the wiper arm up, turn on the ignition. Turn on wipers then turn off the ignition when wipers are in the upper position.