In this guide, you will find instructions on how to take off BMW engine cover. Removing the engine cover on a BMW is very easy, see the instructions below.
What you will need
- Torx Socket Set (Typical)
- Pull the hood release under the hood twice until you hear the hood pop open.
- Go to the front of the vehicle and slide your hands under the hood. Move the lever for the hood latch to the side and lift up the hood.
- Locate your BMW engine cover and use a Torx wrench to unlock the screws. In this case, we have 6 screws that we need to loosen up. These screws only need to be turned about one turn in order to unlock.
- Remove BMW engine cover by lifting it up then pull forward.
Removing the engine cover on BMW cars is easy and takes about five minutes.
In most cases to remove most BMW engine covers you will need a Torx Socket Set. Some BMW models may need an Allen key or have 10mm bolts that secure the engine cover.
The best thing to do is take a look at the engine cover bolts before removal. If there are no screws on top of the engine cover you remove it by simply pulling it up. Follow these steps to remove a BMW engine cover.