In this guide, we go over the steps on how to replace the sway bar link on Tesla Model 3.
Tesla VIN Number Location
Tesla VIN is located in the lower-left corner of the windshield, sticker on the driver's door frame, vehicle registration, or user's Tesla account, which can be accessed online or via the app.
You can find your Tesla VIN (vehicle identification number) in any of the following locations:
- Lower left corner of the windshield.
- Driver's door frame. Open the driver's door and look at the center (B) pillar.
- The label on the rear hatch.
- Printer on the firewall. You will need to
- Tesla Website
- Tesla App - open the Tesla phone app, scroll to the bottom of the page there you will see the VIN.
- Vehicle registration
- Insurance Policy
Do Tesla cars have a VIN?
Yes. All Tesla vehicles have a VIN.
Tesla Hidden VIN
If you have a new Tesla order, there are ways to find your unique Tesla VIN number before you even get delivery of the vehicle.
Login in to your Tesla account. Right-click on the page and click on View Source Code.
Then search for 5yj on the source code. If this is too complicated, there is an easier way.
Install this Chrome extension, which will display your hidden Tesla VIN once you are logged in into your account.
This browser extension reads out the source code of your Tesla account page and detects changes in the VIN assigned to your order. All you have to do is load your account page, and we'll do the rest.
Tesla VIN Decoder
To decode a Tesla VIN, you can use this VIN Decoder tool. For reference, here is some information if you want to decode a Tesla VIN number yourself.
- Position 1-3 are the World manufacturer identifier,
- 5YJ - USA
- Position 4 - Tesla model.
- Position 5 - Body type.
- Position 6 - Airbags and restraint system.
- Position 7 - battery type
- Position 8 - Motor/Drive.
- Position 9 - Varies
- Position 10 - Model year
- Position 11 - Plant
- F for Fremont.
- Position 12 to 17 are a sequence number