Tow Hook Cover Painted
Updated Friday Dec 29, 2017
Is the tow hook cover missing from your front or rear bumper? In this guide, we will show you how to order a new tow hook cover for your car and paint it to match the color of your vehicle. The procedure is the same whether you need a tow hook cover for Audi, BMW, Ford, Infiniti, Subaru Mercedes, Honda, Toyota or any other car model. You just need to order the correct tow hook cover for your car. The problem is that if you loose or someone steals your bumper tow hook cover and order one from the dealer it doesn't come painted.
What you will need
Tow Hook Cover - Search by Part Number for Any Car
Custom Mixed Spray Paint - Basecoat
Follow these instructions to paint the tow hook cover to match your bumper color.
- Most tow hook cover come as bare black plastic.
- Sand it down with 600 grit sandpaper to prepare it for the primer.
- Spray one thin coat of primer and let it dray for at least 15 minutes.
- Sand it slightly especially if you see bumps or imperfections.
- Shake the spray paint and spray one thin coat of paint.Keep your hand at least 10 inches or more from the tow hook cover.
- Wait another 15 minutes and spray a second coat of matching paint.
- Wait at least 30 minutes and spray one or two coats of clear coat.
- Clean the area where the tow hook hole is. In this case duck tape was used to cover the tow hole.
That's it. You are done.
Add new comment