If you get a scratch or chip in the paint on your Volvo it can be an eyesore to look at. Not only does it look bad but it takes away from the value of your car. You can easily touch up the pain on your Volvo if you know what you™re doing. Here™s a step-by-step explanation of how to easily apply Volvo touch up paint.
What you will need
- Order the correct Volvo touch up paint based on the color code.
- Make sure that you paint your Volvo when the temperature is over 50 degrees F.
- Wash the damaged area with soap and water.
- Use a wax and grease remover on the area and place masking tape around the area to protect the rest of the paint.
- If the damaged area has rust, remove this first before painting. You can do that with 200 grit sandpaper.
- Apply a thin layer of auto primer to the area you are going to paint. Don't apply a large amount of primer all at once, apply small amounts in thin layers to get the best result. Let the primer dry before you apply the touch-up paint.
- Now you can apply the Volvo touch up paint to the scratched area only. You'll want to apply several thin layers of the paint, allowing each layer to dry for about five minutes before applying the next layer.
How to Find Volvo Touch Up Paint Color
You need to find the correct paint code for your car which will guarantee that you get the perfect color match.
This number is located on the radiator support and on the sheet metal on either side of the engine compartment.
Volvo paint code is a 3-digit number.
Paint Code Location
- XC90, C70, S40, S60, S70, S80, V40, V70 INSIDE THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT
- C30, S40, V50, XC70 ON THE REAR PASSENGER SIDE DOOR COLUMN
Once you find the paint code you can order the correct paint. Touch up paint comes in spray cans and touch up pens. Depending on how big the area you need to paint, you can determine if you need a pen or a spray can.
You can purchase Volvo Touch Up Paint online.