Installing the welcome lights in a car that already had door lights takes five minutes. You use the same wiring and holes that exist in the door panel.
What you will need
These steps show how to install welcome door lights. We installed a plug-n-play door welcome light using existing wiring and holes in the door panel.
- Park your vehicle in a safe area and set the parking brakes.
- Remove the courtesy door light using a flat head screwdriver. Insert the screwdriver between the light and the panel. Press the light, then pull down.
- Press on the electrical connector to release the tab, then pull the wire away.
- Connect the wire that you just removed to the new door light. This only works if you ordered custom door shadow lights for your car.
- Align the new door light with the hole at the bottom of the door panel, then press in.
- Press the light until you hear it click.
That's it. It's that simple.
What if my car doesn't have door lights
If your car does not have courtesy lights installed at the factory, you can still install lights.
If your car door does not have door lights, you can install a wirelessly LED projector on the doors.
These LED projects can project your car logo on the ground and do not require the removal of the door panel or drilling. They are easy to install. Make sure to purchase a Wireless Mercedes Logo Door Projector that Automatically turns off the car door. Otherwise, you will have to keep changing the batteries all the time.
- The main advantage here is that you don't have to drill holes. Another advantage is that the projector lights with your car logo can be installed in as little as five minutes.
The downside of the wireless door sensors is that it is bulky and noticeable.
Manual Drilling In Door Panel
Another option is to install what is known as the Universal LED Door Logo kit. You will have to remove the door panel and drill holes at the bottom of it.
- Clean Setup
- Can be hard-wired
That's it. As you can see, it is not hard to install "ghost shadow door lights."
Hopefully, your car already has door lights at the bottom of each door. Installing plug-n-play door logo lights is one of the easiest and coolest modifications you can make to any car.