Is your Mercedes-Benz Sprinter not starting due to a dead battery? Learn how to fix the problem using a jump starter box to jump a Sprinter battery. This guide applies to Mercedes, Dodge, and Freightliner Sprinter vans.
What you will need
- Jump Starter Box
- Ensure the Sprinter transmission shifter is in Park position and Parking Brakes are engaged. Remove the key from the ignition.
- Pull the hood release under the dashboard of your Sprinter and open the hood.
- Locate the positive jump-starting terminal and connect the positive (red) jump-starter lead. You must twist and push the red cover to expose the terminal.
- Determine a ground connection and connect the negative (-) lead.
- Press unlock on your key to ensure the car is powered up and the alarm system is disabled. Go inside and start the car. If your Sprinter doesn’t start, only click check the jump starter clamps. Wiggle the clamps a little to ensure they are making good contact.
- If you need to replace the battery on your Sprinter, it is under the floor by the driver’s seat.
- Use only the recommended jump-starting terminals.
- Do not allow the positive clamp to touch any metal parts.
We hope you find the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Jump Start Dead Battery guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Sprinter.