Skip to main content
- Unlock your car by using the key fob of the vehicle and then open the driver's door. If the battery is dead, remove the metal blade from your keyfob and unlock the driver's door.
- Locate the hood release (red lever) below the dashboard.
- Unlock the hood latch by going to the front of the vehicle and locating the yellow tab right above the emblem, then push the yellow tab aside towards the passenger's side to unlock the hood latch.
- Open the hood by pulling up the hood. Then locate the hood support rod near the strut tower on the passenger side and connect the support to the hood to keep the hood up.
- If the hood doesn't release it can be because the cable is broken or the hood latch is misaligned.
- If you are opening the hood on the side of the road, make sure to turn on the hazard lights.
- Always turn off the engine, place the shifter in Park, and set the parking brakes.