Scroll down to find the video for your Porsche key.
- Flip over your Porshe key fob.
- Press the release for the metal key (emergency key).
- Partially pull the metal key from the key fob.
- Press the metal key away from the keyfob to remove the back cover. This will expose the battery.
- Use a small screwdriver to remove the battery from the keyfob.
- Install the new battery in the keyfob making sure the positive (+) side of the new battery is facing you.
- Press the back cover and the metal key back on the keyfob.
To change the battery in this Porsche key fob, you will need one CR2032 battery.
- Press the release button to flip open the metal key.
- Use your thumb to pry out the back cover.
- Use a small object such as a small flathead screwdriver to pry out the old battery.
- Install the new battery with the positive side facing you.
- Press the back cover on the keyfob. If the back cover won't close, make sure the battery is inserted properly.
To change the battery in this Porsche keyfob, you will need one CR2032 battery.
These videos and instructions will help you change the key fob (remote) battery on Porsche 911, 918, Boxster, Carrera, Cayenne, Macan, Panamera.