2001 MB W203 shifter stuck on P

My W203 Shifter stuck on park.i have replace brake switch, shifter itself and the only thing remaining is ETC/TCU. My question is if I replace the TCU with the same part number do I have to sent it to be reprogrammed or a it's plug and play and if it has to be programmed where can I sent it?. Please help