Valve cover gasket or not ?

Question by CDigrindakis posted 6 months 2 weeks ago in CLK-Class

My 2006 CLK 350 is leaking oil from the valve cover area. My local shot noticed it and stated I needed new valve cover gaskets. I am remembering that this model V-6 has not valve cover gaskets but simply RTV. True ? is it that simple that I just scrape off the old material and just run a line of RTV ?