Porsche Read & Clear Fault Codes – DTC
Have problems with the Check Engine Light on your Porsche? Learn how to fix the check engine light by reading and clearing the codes using an OBD-II scanner.
What you will need
The YOUCANIC Full System Scanner can read and clear fault codes through every control module of your Porsche vehicle.
- Locate the OBD-II port under the dashboard and plugin your OBD-II scanner.
- Turn on the ignition but do not start the engine. If the Porsche has a start/stop button, press it without pressing the brake pedal.
- Turn on your scanner and press enter to communicate with the vehicle.
- Select the Porsche model. Depending on the scanner, you will also need to select the module you want to diagnose. For example, you can choose transmission, ABS, and SRS modules. Remember, you will need a Porsche scanner to access these models.
- Scroll to Read Fault Codes. Write down all the codes. If codes are in Stored status, go to the next step to clear them. If codes are in Present/Current status, you must fix the problem before clearing those fault codes.
Go back up the menu, and instead of selecting Read Codes, scroll down and select Clear Fault Codes. Press enter, and you are done.
Porsche check engine light can be diagnosed with a generic OBD-II scanner, but problems related to the airbag, transmission, ABS, and other systems require a Porsche scanner. If you clear the present/current codes without fixing the problem, the warning light and codes will return. These instructions work on 1996 and newer Porsche vehicles such as 911, 918, Boxster, Carrera, Cayenne, Macan, and Panamera. It is important to find a scanner that covers your Porsche model.
We hope you find the Porsche Read & Clear Fault Codes – DTC guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Porsche.