Scroll down until you find the video and instructions for your Cadillac remote.
Battery Type: CR2032
- Locate the small indentation on the right side of the case.
- Use a flat screwdriver to pop open the keyfob carefully.
- Remove the circuit board and flip it upside down.
- Use the screwdriver to slide out the battery.
- Slide the new battery in place. The positive side of the battery should face you.
- Place the circuit board in the bottom part of the case.
- Press the two parts of the remote together.
Battery Size: CR2032
- Press the release button on the side of the keyfob and pull out the metal key
- Now use a flat head screwdriver to pry out the case at the exposed opening.
- Separate the key fob case. The battery is on the back of the keyfob.
- Pop-out the old battery and install the new one by pressing it in place.
- The positive (+) side of the battery needs to be down (facing back cover).
- When putting the two halves together, line up the top part of the remote first.
- Then snap the two halves together until the key fob battery is closed.
- Instructions will help you change the battery in any Cadillac, including models such as CTS, ATS, XTS, SRX, ELR, Escalade, CT6, XT5.
If your Cadillac doors cannot be locked/unlocked with the key fob or you get an error message on the instrument cluster saying "No remote detected," the problem most often is a dead key fob battery.