What you will need
Here are the instructions on how to put a Tesla Model 3 in wiper service mode and how to change the wiper blades yourself.
- Park the vehicle.
- On the touchscreen, press the Service menu on the left side of the screen.
- Click the Wiper Service Mode. The wiper will move up slightly.
- Go to the front of the vehicle.
- Lift the windshield wiper arm and place a cloth under the wiper arm. This will minimize windshield scratches or cracks.
- Press the rectangle button on the windshield wiper arm and pull the wiper blade away from the wiper arm.
- Slide the new wiper blade into the wiper arm until you hear see the rectangle show up in the small hole.
- Slowly lower the windshield wiper arm.
- Repeat this procedure for the other windshield wiper blade.
- Go inside the vehicle and disable the Wiper Service mode under the Service menu. WIper arms should move down to the normal position.
How do you change the wiper blades on a Tesla Model 3?
To change the windshield wiper blades on a Tesla Model 3 is straightforward. It is easier than in most cars, but the trick is that you will need to place the wipers in the service position by going to the Service menu on the touchscreen.
Click the wiper service option, and the wipers will move up so that you can lift the wiper arm.
Can you change Tesla wipers yourself?
Yes, you can change Tesla windshield wipers yourself the same way you change wipers on any car. The wiper hook is not the typical J hook. The same wipers used on Tesla are also used on many European vehicles such as BMW, Mini, and Mercedes-Benz. Those wipers can be purchased online from any auto parts supplier at a much lower cost than buying directly from Tesla.
How often should you change Tesla window wipers?
We recommend changing Tesla windshield wipers at least once a year or even more often if you live in extreme climates.
Windshield wipers are made of rubber, and the rubber degrades when used frequently or in very hot or cold weather.
A worn windshield wiper blade can limit visibility when it is raining, which can lead to a car accident.