What you will need
How to change the VW side mirror
- Park the vehicle, set parking brakes, and open driver's door.
- Remove the door panel. First, you will need to remove the window switch to expose the bolt behind it. You also have a couple of other bolts on the door panel that will need to be removed. For more help, watch our video and guide on how to remove the VW door panel.
- Remove the plastic trim behind the mirror on the inside part of the door.
- Disconnect the electrical connector.
- Use a triple-square bit to remove the mirror bolt.
- Remove the mirror from the door.
- Install the new mirror and door panel in reverse order.
While the video and pictures shown in this guide are from a 2016 VW Jetta, these steps will help you replace the door mirror on a Volkswagen Bora, Golf, CC, EOS, GTI, Passat, and other models.
If your VW door mirror is broken, in some cases, you can replace just the mirror without replacing the mirror housing.