What you need
Follow these steps to reset the Lexus check engine lightengine light.
- Park the vehicle and set the emergency brakes.
- Locate the OBD-II port under the dashboard.
- Plugin your scanner.
- Turn on the ignition but don’t start the engine. On vehicles with Start/Stop button, press it twice without touching the brake pedal.
- Allow the scanner to turn on and connect to the car.
- Select OBD-II, then READ CODES. Make sure there are no current codes. If the problem has been fixed, only stored codes should be present.
- Go back and select CLEAR FAULT CODES. Press enter.
- Turn off the ignition, wait for ten seconds, and restart the engine. Check engine light shoengine light should be on.
This procedure should be performed after a repair. If the Lexus check engine light doesn’t turn off, it is because there is a problem that has not been engine light doesn’t turn off, it is because there is a problem that has not been fixed yet.
Clearing Lexus fault codes without fixing the problem is not recommended. The check engine light will come back on immediately or within a few days, depending on engine light will come back on immediately or within a few days, depending on the issue.
Check engine light can also be reset by disconnecting the battery for a feengine light can also be reset by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes.
A check engine can also reset on its own if no fault codes are present. Typically it takes several driving cycles or about four to five days for the Lexus check engine light to reset oengine light to reset on its own.