Allstart CalVan 550 Micro-Boost Portable Power Source with Jump Start Function
With only 300 cranking amps and 400 Max Amps the Allstart 550 will be enough to jump-start a four cylinder engine and charge your electronics. It will also jump-start a six cylinder engine if the battery is only partially discharged. This jump starter will struggle to jump start eight cylinder or diesel engines.
The Allstart 550 Microboost Jump Starter, it will occupy very little space. Actually, it can fit well in the glove box or even the center console. The LED flashlight with adjustable modes is a feature unique to this Booster. You can change through the Strobe, Standard and SOS Signal mode depending on the lighting requirements.
You can quickly check the charge level by pressing the o switch. It has five LED lights to show the current charge level. Each LED represents 20% of battery capacity. If the LED light flashes it means that there is less than 10% charge left and you need to plug in the jump starter to a power source.
It can charge from a 110-volt wall outlet or a 12-volt cigarette outlet.
Advantages of Allstart 550 Microboost Jump Starter
This jumpstarter has many features besides being a jump starter. You can use the Allstart as a power bank to charge your phone and other electronic devices.
To begin with, it is lightweight and secondly, has a perfect size. This makes this unit very practical when it comes to jump-starting a car.
Safe to use
When purchasing any gadget that works with power, the safety aspect is critical. With this jump starter, you have many built-in safety features.
NiCad jump starters take a long time when recharging. This is a lithium high power battery with low discharge rates and an alternate rapid charging capability.
It is important to have all car accessories that you can easily move from place to place. The initial design of this Allstart 550 Microboost Jump Starter allows easy portability. In fact, given its lightweight and small size, it is a portable jump starter.
- On the box of the Allstart 550 jump starter, you will read: ?The most powerful lithium battery in its class? Unfortunately that is not true. This jump starter works fine on four cylinder engines but does not provide enough cranking amps to jump start a 6 or 8 cylinder engine with a fully discharged battery.
- Supplied jumper cables have small clamps.
- Not able to jump start diesel or large V8 or V10 engines.
- It may stop charging at 60%. Unplug the power source and plug it in again to complete a full charge.
The Allstart 550 jump starter is practical, lightweight. It is a good choice if you need to use it on a four cylinder engine or just to charge your electronic devices. If you are looking for a lithium ion jump start that will provide enough cranking amps to jump start larger engines, there are better alternatives available.
Here are some alternatives to Allstart 550 that you should consider.
What?s included in the box:
- Durable, universal carrying case
- Four adapter cords USB charging adapter for iPhone and Android
- Allstart 550 Jump Starter
- DC Power Cord
- Wall Charger
- Owners manual
- Dimensions: 6 L x 3 H x 1.25 W inches
- 300 Cold Cranking Amps
- 400 Max Cranking Amps
- Actual weight: 1.90 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 2.25 lbs
- Operating Temp. -4 to 140 F
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I turn off this device?
- The Allstart 550 will turn off automatically.
- How many times can I charge an iPhone or Android cell phone before I have to recharge the Allstart 550?
- You can charge your smartphone between 5 to 7 times.
- How many times can I jump start my car before I need to recharge the unit.
- Between 10 to 20 times depending on the status of the car battery.
- Do I need to charge this unit every month.
- No. The unit will stay charged for several months. Recharge every 6 months.