We had a chance to test a Foxwell NT624 Elite and were surprised by the vehicle and system coverage this scanner offers.
If you are looking to find an all system diagnostic scanner that works on all makes and models, the Foxwell NT624 Elite is worth considering. Foxwell scanner comes with exceptional features and functions that you typically only get from dealer level scanners. It works on over 58 vehicle manufacturers, including American, Asian, and European.
The Foxwell NT624 Elite works on almost all 1996 and newer cars, vans, and SUVs. It can read and clear codes from all the systems, not just the engine. It has a broader system and model coverage than the Foxwell NT614 scanner or Foxwell NT510 Pro.
As soon as you plug in the Foxwell NT624 Elite, it can automatically detect year make and model from the VIN. Once this step is completed, it can auto-scan all system to find which modules have fault codes.
- Full System Diagnostics: Can read and clear trouble codes of all major systems. Such as Engine, Airbag/SRS, Transmission, ABS, SAS, Air Conditioning, ACC, Audio, Headlight, Central Lock, ESP, Air Suspension, etc.
- Control your vehicle’s systems for active testing.
- Oil Service reset,
- EPBD Service allows you to perform the service and maintenance of brake systems, including deactivation and activation of the brake control system.
- One-click vehicle identification, including VIN, year, make, and model.
- Review the test date you saved.
- Extensive Vehicle Coverage: Compatible with almost all OBD II cars, SUVs, minivans, light-duty trucks sold worldwide from 1996 to present. Coverage includes 58 manufacturers
- Lifetime free update online
- Multilingual: Support 13 languages, including English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Thai, Hungarian, Swedish, Dutch, Japanese, Italian, Russian, German, Korean.
- Compatible with both OBDI and OBDII cars, SUVs, minivans, light-duty trucks sold worldwide
- Requests and records live sensor data
- Live data graphing
- Displays freeze frame data
- Retrieves ECU information
- Supports all 10 OBD-II test modes, such as live data, O2 sensor test, component test and more.
Foxwell NT624 Elite supports online update and according to the manufacturer, you get free lifetime updates, which is rare considering that with most scanners, you only get one or two years of free updates.
One of the best things about the FOXWELL NT624 is the full range of compatible makes.
- USA Vehicle Coverage: (1996-2019 model) Chrysler, Ford, GM, Brazilian GM(For Brazil Market only)
- Asia Pacific Coverage: (2003 to 2019 model) Acura, Brilliance, BYD, Chery, Daewoo, Geely, Great Wall, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Isuzu, JAC, Kia, Lexus, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Perodua, Proton, Scion, Subaru, Suzuki, Toyota
- European Coverage: (2001-2019 model) Audi, Bentley, BMW, Bugatti, EU Ford, Jaguar, LandRover, Maybach, Mercedes Benz, Mini, OPEL, Porsche, Saab, Seat, Skoda, Smart, Sprinter, Vauxhall, Volvo, VW, Abarth, Alfa-Romeo, Citroen, Dacia, Fiat, Lancia, Maserati, Peugeot, Renault
English, Korean, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Thai, Hungarian, Swedish, English, Dutch, Japanese, Italian, German, Russian
How to update NT624 Elite Scanner online
- Visit the Foxwell website.
- Choose your product then click then download FoxAssist update clients software.
- Create a new Foxwell account.
- Connect NT624 Elite with the computer via USB then click "Activation" menu
- It will identify your serial number automatic then click Activation.
- Go to the "Download" page, select all software, and then click "upgrade."
- Wait several minutes; the update will be done.
The FOXWELL NT624 All System Scanner is one of the best OBD2 scanners for DIYers on a budget that are looking for dealer level scanner but don't want to spend thousands.
You can read and clear codes from systems such as Engine, Airbag/SRS, Transmission, Air Conditioning, ACC, Audio, ABS, SAS, Headlight, Center Lock, ESP, Suspension failures.
The Foxwell NT624 is a powerful OBD-II scan tool with features you typically find on scanners that cost over $500.
The majority of scanners that we have reviewed in this price range are only able to diagnose Airbags, Engine, Transmission, and ABS. A popular example is Launch Creader VII.
If a scanner supported all systems it only worked on a specific make. For example, if you have an iCarsoft MB II scanner that supports all systems on a Mercedes-Benz, it will not diagnose all systems on a BMW.
Foxwell NT624 Elite, on the other hand, is capable of diagnosing all systems and works on multiple makes. This is a rare feature for an OBD-II scanner in this price range.
Foxwell NT624 Elite is capable of reading and clearing trouble codes on all systems in your car. This means you will be able to diagnose, read, view sensor data, and clear all faults codes including ABS, SRS, Airbag, Check Engine, Traction Control, and dashboard light that come on. Of course, you can only clear codes, after you fix the problems in your car.
If you wanted to diagnose BMW and Mercedes, Honda and Toyota, Dodge, and Ford that's fine, it will work on all vehicles.