Veepeak Mini WiFi OBD2 OBD II Scanner Scan Tool
Veepeak Mini WiFi OBD2 OBD II Scanner Scan Tool Adapter Check Engine Light Diagnostic Trouble Code Reader for iOS iPhone iPad and Android made by Veepeak.
It will allow you to find why your check engine light is on. No need to visit the mechanic! Read and clear diagnostic trouble codes. It is capable of reading both generic and manufacturer specific DTCs. Turn off the MIL/ Check Engine Light and display current sensor readings using your phone or tablet. You will need to install an app such as DashCommand, OBD Fusion, OBD Car Doctor for iOS and Torque Pro for Android.
- Compatible with OBD2 compliant cars and light trucks,1996 and after.
- Supports the five OBD-II protocols: CAN, KWP2000, ISO9141-2, J1850 VPW and J1850 PWM.
- Easy to use. Works with both Android and Apple iPhone products.
- Real time engine and sensor data such as: Engine RPM, Calculated Load Value, Coolant Temperature, Fuel System Status, Vehicle Speed, Short/ Long Term Fuel Trim, Intake Manifold Pressure, Timing Advance, Intake Air Temperature, Air Flow Rate, Absolute Throttle Position, Oxygen sensor voltages/associated short term fuel trims, Fuel System status, Fuel Pressure
- You can run all the diagnostics you need in seconds
- You can finally get the check engine light to go off
- It is completely wireless
Veepeak Mini WiFi OBD2 OBD II Scanner Scan Tool is one of the few wireless OBD-II code scanners that you can use with your Apple product. It is very accurate and easy to use. Not only can you run it whenever you need it, but you also can choose which app that you want to run it with. Simply put, it is a well-made device that is universal across both major platforms. You don?t have to be a software genius to benefit from using it either.
Installing Veepeak Mini WiFi Code Scanner
First look under the steering wheel of your car. Under the dash is the OBD-II, 16 pin port. It is probably covered, but you should be able to use the end of your key to just pop it right out. Got it? Good! Now, Remove the cover off the Veepeak and push into the port until it lights up. It is hooked up to your car.
But wait! You aren?t done yet. So, depending on the operating system on your phone or tablet, you need to log into the play store or app store. Now that you have that in front of you, you can download your choice of car diagnostic app. We would recommend that you try Torque or Easy OBD.
Next, go to settings and turn on your WiFi. Connect to the Veepeak network.
While you are looking at the great things about this code scanner, there are some things that you definitely want to keep in mind. For instance:
- This is a wifi device. It is not a Bluetooth device. That means that you will have to allow it access to either your phone?s internet network or your home network. This can be difficult to do and can lead to extra charges on your phone. It also means that if you don?t have it hooked up, it's not going to work.
- You will have to download an app to get it to work. While the app is your choice, you may have to deal with hidden charges. You may have to pay for the app itself. You may find a free app that only has the basics and have to pay more to unlock the ones that you need.
- If you leave your code scanner plugged in when not it use, you may begin to have battery trouble. They can, and will, drain your battery. They also can get too hot, short out, and cause other system damage. It is a better idea to just unplug it when you don?t need it.
If you really want a wireless code scanner, this is an okay option. It cannot be completely discounted because it does exactly what you are paying for it to do. It will give you the codes that you need. You can turn off that check engine light. However, the fact that it is a wifi code scanner rather than Bluetooth is going to cause some serious issues.
As far as the basics of a code scanner, the Veepeak will get the job done. It will work for repairs in your home garage. However, as far as features, it is only as good as the app that it is attached to. The better that your app is, the happier you will be with the Veepeak Mini WiFi OBD2 OBD II Scanner Scan Tool.