2012 - 2017 Lamborghini Aventador Grill Melted Fire Concern Recall
Updated Thursday Aug 31, 2017
In 2012-2017 Lamborghini Aventador if the fuel tank is overfilled the gasoline may overflow to the EVAP carbon canister. Because the canister is too close to the exhaust it may cause fire or at minimum melt the rear grill. Other symptoms include the check engine light on or the engine stalling at idle or fuel smell. This is caused due to roll over valve found in the fuel tank filler tube not stopping the fuel when the tank is full. This problem becomes a concern or increases the risk of an accident if you rev up the engine after it has been over filled with fuel. Lamborghini has issued a safety recall to upgrade the EVAP system free of charge. This problem affects Lamborghini Aventador Coupe and Roadsters manufactured from 2012 to 2017.Back to top
- Rear grill melted
- Lambourgini grill damaged
- Vehicle on fire
- Check Engine Light / Malfunction Indicator Lamp / MIL
2. How is this fixed
The EVAP system need to be upgraded. A new purge valve need to be installed. Also the fuel tank roll over valve needs to be upgraded to not allow fuel to come out when the fuel tank is overfilled.
- Jack up your Lamborghini
- Open the luggage compartment and access the battery.
- Disconnect the battery.
- Remove engine cover. There are about 10 screws that need to be removed.
- Remove the covers on the left and right side of the engine.
- Remove the cross frame support.
- Remove the driver's side rear wheel. Remove the liner from the wheel well.
- Click here to see the rest of the instructions.
3. How to check
To verify if your Lamborghini is affected by this problem check the VIN number.
VIN Range of affected vehicles: Beginning: ZHWEC1476CLA00091 Ending: ZHWET3ZD1HLA05975 2 These cars were manufactured from March 2011 to December 2016
Contact your Lamborghini Dealer. Click here to locate a dealer.
If you need help call Lamborghini at 1-866-681-6276.
5873 cars were affected by this problem. This problem has been fixed on the new Aventador S and SV which already have the new and upgraded EVAP system. 4
It will take at least three days for your dealer to fix this problem.Back to top
- Part 573 Safety Recall Report 17V-073
- Official Lamborghini Service Network
- IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL – Recall No. 17V-073 EVAP system
- Q&A Lamborghini Aventador (Coupè And Roadster ), Veneno Coupé and Roadster, Aventador J
Overfilled fuel tank.