By default, the daytime running lights are turned on and will automatically come on when the headlights are turned off. If for whatever reason they need to be turned off this can be done in the sync display settings on the dash.
- On the dash display, use the arrows and OK buttons on the left side of the steering wheel to navigate the menus
- Navigate to the menu and select "settings" from the 5th option on the menu.
- Then, scroll down to the 3rd option "advanced settings" and press OK
- Next, highlight the 1st option "vehicle" and press OK.
- Next, highlight the 1st option again "lighting" and press OK.
- Lastly, scroll down and highlight the 3rd option "daytime lights"
- Here, there is a checkbox next to "daytime lights" if the checkbox is filled they are enabled and if it is unchecked they are disabled. Push OK to either enable or disable the daytime running lights.
- Exit the menu by pushing the exit button on the steering wheel, you are all done!
Menu navigation: Menu > Settings > Advanced Settings > Vehicle > Lighting > Daytime Lights
Why are my daytime running lights always on even with my headlights turned off?
By default, the daytime running lights are always turned on. They are meant to turn on when the headlights are turned off to give more visibility to the vehicle while on the road during the day. However, if you want to turn them off they can be disabled following this guide.
Ford F-150, F-250, F-450/550 years: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 including Super Duty and XL, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch, Raptor, Platinum, and Limited.