Updating the Mercedes navigation system with maps that have the most up-to-date roads and POIs is a very simple procedure. In this guide, we show you how to update the Mercedes COMAND system with the latest map using an external DVD. This procedure applies to many Mercedes models equipped with NTG 3, 3.5 or 4 found on models such as the E, C, S, GL, ML, CLS class etc.
What you will need
You will need a DVD that has the latest maps. It can be purchased from the dealer or often times you may find genuine Mercedes maps online at a reduced cost. We recommend using an original Mercedes Navigation Maps DVD
- Turn of the car and let it idle. Updating Mercedes Navigation maps can take up to 30 minutes and drain the battery if the car is not running or a second power source is supplied.
- Open the DVD tray.
- Remove any discs that may be in slot 1 of the CD changer.
- Insert the lattest Mercedes Maps DVD.
- A popup will show on the screen displaying the current maps verison and the one that you are about to install.
- You will be asked: "Would you like to proceed with the update?" Press YES to confirm that you want to update Mercedes navigation maps.
- Allow the system to update the maps. This process can take from 30 minutes to one hour.