Replacing the light bulb from the tail light of the sixth generation, A6 VW Jetta SE is pretty straightforward; while it may seem complicated, do not worry; it is a simple job you can do in your garage.
- The most common symptom that your tail light bulbs need replacements is a decrease in the intensity of light emitted from your tail light or the absence of light from your tail lights.
What you will need
- Pop the trunk.
- Pull off the tail Light access panel.
- Loosen the retaining nuts by using a flat head screwdriver, then remove the two retaining nuts.
- Disconnect the electrical connector terminal.
- Push out the tail light assembly from the access panel slot.
- Pull the Taillight assembly out, shifting your force to the left.
- Push the locking clip in to release the tail light assembly housing. This would separate the tail light into two parts.
- The two bulbs on the image below are for clearance or parking lights. The light on the bottom is the reverse light.
- To remove the parking bulbs, hold the bulb gently and pull out.
- To install the parking bulbs, align the bulb and push it down until it locks.
- Reinstall the bulb housing.
- Install the tail light assembly from outside of the trunk.
- Reinstall and fasten two retaining nuts and fasten with a flat-head screwdriver.
- Reconnect electrical connector.
- Reinstall tail light access panel.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you replace your own tail light?
- Yes, Changing your tail light bulbs is an easy form of maintenance that you can perform on your vehicle.
Can you drive at night without taillights?
- It is not only illegal to drive a car without a tail light, but it is also dangerous; you might get involved in an accident if the driver from a car behind you fails to notice your car.