You must replace the cabin air filter before you reset the BMW microfilter service interval.
- Insert the key in the ignition and turn it to position II until all the dash lights are on. In case of a smart key, insert it into the ignition. Press the "Engine Start/Stop" button without pressing the brake pedal.
- Wait for the service warning light to disappear.
- Press and hold the trip odometer reset button on the instrument cluster.
- Wait for one of the service lights to appear. First, you should see an orange triangle; after that, you will see an oil can or air filter symbol.
- Toggle the trip odometer reset button until you reach "Cabin Filter."
- Press and hold either the trip odometer reset button or the "BC" button at the end of the stalk to reset the interval.
- MLS will change to -31000. You have now reset the BMW microfilter reset interval.
It may take a few tries before you can complete the reset successfully.
- Replace Microfilter message on iDrive screen
- Service vehicle Message on Dashboard