What is the BMW SVS module?
SVS stands for the voice recognition system. SVS is integrated into the CCC (CIC) unit located in the dashboard. It processes language input from voice commands.
SVS's main function is to control the various vehicle functions using voice commands.
BMW SVS can be used to control the following systems:
- Air conditioning Settings
When your BMW SVS module fails, you will no longer be able to use voice commands.
Diagnose SVS module
If you are experiencing problems and can no longer use voice commands, read codes from the SVS module. For this step, you will need a BMW diagnostic scanner that is capable of reading fault codes from the BMW SVS module.
- Plugin the OBD-II scanner into the diagnostic port under the dashboard.
- Turn on the ignition; don't start the engine.
- Turn on the scanner and select your BMW chassis. Next, Select the Control Units menu.
- Select the SVS Module.
- Once you enter the SVS module, you will be able to do the following.
- Read Codes from SVS Module
- Clear Codes from SVS Module
- Perform Adaptations, Activations, Tests
If any code shows PRESENT status, the problem needs to be fixed before the code can be cleared.
These are general instructions and may vary depending on the diagnostic scanner model that you use to diagnose BMWs.
When purchasing a BMW scanner, verify that it supports your BMW model and year.
Full system scanners that are known to work on BMW vehicles can range in price from $150 to $800 USD.