You may or may not unlock the car with the keyfob.
When you start the car on the DIC, you typically get a warning message stating NO REMOTE DETECTED or NO REMOTE KEY WAS DETECTED.
Use this method to manually start your Chevy if the remote batteries are dead.
- Remove the key from the key fob.
- Insert the key in the driver's door handle to remove the cap.
- Pry out the cover to expose the keyhole.
- Open the driver's door.
- Locate the transmitter pocket, which in most cases is on the center console or the glove box.
- Insert your key in the transmitter pocket.
On the Chevrolet Volt, you need to open the storage compartment on the center console. Removing the rubber mat will expose the hole where you can insert the metal key.
- Press the START/STOP button to start your Chevrolet.