- Make sure the car has been shut off and on a level surface for at least five minutes.
- Turn key to ON/ RUN position.
- Wait about 10 seconds.
- You will now see an oil icon along with a clock icon.
- Press and hold the knob/button 2x, and it will now display the oil level properties.
- It will display the following: OK, -1.0Q, -1.5Q, -2.0Q, H.
- OK = Oil level is ok.
(-1.0 | -1.5 | -2.0) = Oil level is low, add the suggested amount of oil, run the car, shut it off, and check again when time allows.
H = Oil level is too high. Have some oil drained out of the pan until it reaches the proper oil level limit. If you have just done an oil change, it is best to run the car for several minutes before checking electronically or manually. The oil filter will absorb some of the oil, which could affect the readings.
If a clock is only displayed, it means you haven't let the car sit in the off position long enough. Wait a few minutes and try again.
You can also check the oil level from the dipstick located in the engine bay.