Scroll until you find the Dodge remote that matches yours. Note that the battery type used on each remote is different.
Key Fob 1
- Release the metal key. There is a small tap that you need to press down, and the metal key will slide out.
- Use the metal key to remove the back cover on your Dodge keyless remote.
- Slide-out old battery. Slide the new battery in. Check the orientation of the battery, ensuring that you are not placing it backward.
- Snap the battery cover back in place—step 5. Get outside the car and press the Unlock / Lock buttons. If the battery installation was performed successfully, the doors should lock/unlock.
Key Fob 2
This Dodge key uses a CR2032 battery.
We would recommend that you use a lithium battery such as Energizer 2032 3-Volt lithium battery.
This may be referred to as the 5 button Dodge remote, but it may only have 3 buttons in some cases.
This Dodge key is found on the following Dodge models:
- Dodge Charger with Keyless Remote Smart Key Fob
- Dodge Journey with Smart Key Keyless Remote Proximity Fob
- Dodge Ram 1500 2500 3500 Pickup Truck Remote Fob Prox
- Dodge Durango 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017
- Dodge Dart 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017
- Dodge Challenger 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
- Flip over your Dodge remote, and on the back, you will see a small release switch. Press it down with a flat screwdriver, and it will release the metal/emergency key.
- Once you remove the metal key, you will notice a notch where the metal key was inserted.
- Use a coin, flat screwdriver, or metal key to separate the key fob remote housing. You can pry apart the remote by twisting your object counterclockwise.
- Once you open up the keyfob, you will see the battery inside. Use the metal key or the screwdriver to pry out the old battery.
- Once you pop out the old battery, slide a new CR2032 battery, and press it in place. Make sure the positive "+" is not facing you. It should be facing the keyfob casing.
- Align the key fob remove the shell, and press the two halves together to close the remote. Be patient with this step.
- Slide the metal blade in the keyfob.
- Go near the car and press the "UNLOCK" and "LOCK" buttons to test the keyfob remote's operation.
Key Fob 3
This Dodge key is used on older models.
Owners of Dodge, Ram Trucks, vehicles such as the Dart, Avenger, Challenger, Charger, Durango, Journey, Grand Caravan, 2500, 3500, 4500, 5500, C/V Tradesman, 200, 300 and Town & Country will find these DIY instructions helpful.