The pictures and video clips in this guide are from a 2015 Hyundai Elantra, but they should help you change the engine air filter on other Hyundai vehicles such as Access, Santa Fe, Elantra, Veloster, etc.
What you will need
Set the shifter in Park and engage the parking brakes.
Turn off the ignition. Allow the engine to cool down.
Open the hood. Pull the hood release under the dashboard. Open the hood and locate the air filter housing.
Locate the engine air filter. The air filter housing is a large plastic box located on the driver's side of the engine. You will also see a large hose going from the air filter housing to the engine. Open the air filter box by pulling out the cover. Unclasp the large clips that keep the filter locked. As you remove the air filter, be careful that dust or dirt does not enter the air intake.
Remove the engine air filter from the housing.
Vacuum any debris and leaves that may be inside the air filter housing.
Install the new engine air filter. Pull out the old air filter. Push the new air filter into the air filter housing. Make sure the new filter is seated properly. Lock the two tabs by pushing them in place.
- Insert the new air filter in the box. Ensure it sits properly; otherwise, you may not be able to close the air filter housing correctly.
- Close the air filter housing. Close the hood and start the engine.
Hyundai Engine Air Filter Replacement Interval
Typically it is every twenty-four months or 30,000 miles. If driving in extremely dusty or sandy environments, replace the filter as needed or every one year.
We strongly recommend that you check the suggested interval in your Hyundai owner's manual.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Shop instructions on how to change the engine air filter on a Hyundai Elantra 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 can be found here: https://www.hemanual.org/air_cleaner-482.html
- Do not drive with the engine air filter removed. This can cause excessive engine wear.
- At the dealer or a repair shop, expect to pay between $40-$100. Do-it-yourself cost is less than $20 and 10 minutes of work.
- HYUNDAI 28113-3X000
- HYUNDAI 28113-4V100
- CARQUEST 83480
- HASTINGS AF1511
- MICROGARD MGA49480
- NAPA 9480
- PUREPRO A6118
- WARNER WAF5187
- WIX 49480
Length: 10.15, Width: 6.44, Height: 2.09