What you will need
- Remove your Hyundai key from your keychain.
- Use a flat head screwdriver to pry open the case. Be careful, and don't point the screwdriver towards your hands. If the screwdriver slips, it can injure you.
- Carefully open the battery case and note the old battery. Pay attention to the (+) on the battery.
- Remove the old battery by sliding it out of the circuit board.
- Insert the new battery making sure the positive (+) side of the battery is oriented the same way it was on the old battery.
- Align the key fob case and close it by pressing the two halves together.
These instructions should help you replace the key fob (keyless) remote battery on Hyundai Elantra, Azera, Sonata, Genesis, Accent, Equus, Santa Fe, Sedona, Tucson, Veloster.
Most Hyundai key fobs use a CR2032 battery, but we recommend opening the key to verify the battery size before you purchase a new battery.