What you will need
- Remove the emergency key from the key fob.
- Use the metal key to open the trunk or unlock the driver's door manually. How to unlock the trunk.
- Connect the red clamp on the positive (+) terminal.
- Connect black clamp on the frame. Don't connect the negative directly to the battery.
- Press unlock on your key to ensure the car is powered up and the alarm system is disabled.
- Go inside and start the car.
If the Jaguar doesn't start, only clicks, check the jump starter clamps. Wiggle the clamps a little bit to make sure they are making good contact. Leave the jump starter connected for r15 min, then try again.
Do not allow the positive clamp to touch any metal parts other than the dedicated + terminal.
If the Jaguar doesn't start due to a dead battery, it can be jump-started using the battery in the trunk. The emergency key inside the keyfob can unlock the car and open the trunk if the battery is dead.