Do not connect the jump box or jumper cables directly to the battery.
What you will need
- Remove the metal key from your Mercedes-Benz key fob and use the metal key to unlock the driver's door manually.
- Open the hood.Pull the hood release under the dashboard.Go to the front of the vehicle. Then unlock the hood latch and pull up the hood.
- Locate the terminals of the battery on the passenger side of the engine bay. Notice a RED plastic cover with the + symbol on top of the positive terminal.
- Slide the red plastic cover and connect the red (positive) jumper cable to the positive terminal.
- Connect the black (negative) jumper cable to the ground or negative terminal on the vehicle frame.
Connect the jumper cables to the Jumpstarter or the battery of another vehicle. Make sure that you put the red cable to the positive terminal and the black cable to the negative terminal.
- Get inside the car, turn on the ignition but not the engine. This will allow modules to power up. Wait 10 seconds, then try to start the engine.
Car Won't Jump Start
If all you hear is a click, check the jump starter clamps are making good contact. Ensure the jump box is fully charged.
The battery in the car may be completely discharged. Keep the jumper cables connected for at least 15 minutes, then try again.