What you will need
Follow these steps to remove a Mercedes-Benz rear seat backrest and cushions.
- Park the vehicle in a space where you can open both rear doors because you will be working on both ends.
- Press the button on the center console to fold down the rear headrests.
- First, release the locking tab of the rear seat cushion located under the front sides of the seat, and pull it towards you.
- Remove the three 10mm bolts, one in the middle and the end on each side of the rear backrest cushion.
- Push the rear backrest forward and slide it upward to release the tabs on the back, and you can take the backrest out.
But if, for some instance, the headrest doesn't go down, unclip the plastic part of the headrest and use a flat screwdriver to pry the black tab inside the backrest so you will be able to remove the headrest out.