What you will need
- Drive your Mitsubishi up on car ramps.
- Place the car in park, and apply the handbrake. Chock the rear tires to prevent vehicle from rolling back.
- Secure your Mitsubishi with jack stands placed under the lifting points or a structural member.
- Open the hood by pulling the hood release under the dash.
- Use the prop road to support the hood.
- If your Mitsubishi has a splash shield, remove the 10mm bolts. It is held in place with several 10mm bolts depending on the model year.
- Place a drain pan directly under the oil pan.
- Locate the 17mm oil drain plug.
Remove the oil drain plug by turning it counter-clockwise.
- Locate the engine oil filter and remove it. You can use oil filter pliers or an oil sockets.
Install a new oil filter.
Before installing a new oil filter, apply a small amount of oil to the oil filter gasket ring. Get the oil filter as tight as you can by hand.
- Replace the copper washer on the oil drain plug.
- When all of the oil has drained, reinstall the oil drain plug. Torque the drain plug to 35 Nm.
- Add approximately four liters of engine oil to the oil fill hole on top of the engine.
- Wait for several minutes before checking the oil level using a dipstick. If necessary, add oil to bring the level between the Min and Max marks of the dipstick.
- Start the engine and check if the oil pressure light goes off within five seconds.
Oil Change Interval
12000 km / 7500 miles
You may be wondering how often you need to change the engine oil on a Mitsubishi. The oil change range varies depending on the engine and oil type.
Semi-synthetic / Synthetic Blend
You will need:.
2.0 L Engine
- 4 L oil pan + 0.3 L oil filter
2.4 L Engine
- 4.3 L oil pan + 0.3 L oil filter
Check your owner's manual to get the recommended oil change interval for your Mitsubishi.
Instructions in this guide will help you change the engine oil on Mitsubishi Lancer, Outlander, Eclipse, Mirage, Galant.